The book of Jeremiah is about both political and personal crisis. Part of the message which the Lord told Jeremiah to deliver to the nation of Judah was that they were headed for the kind of disaster that no Israelite would ever believe God could allow to happen to His chosen people. And yet another part of the message God gave Jeremiah was that God was working in the midst of this unthinkable disaster to accomplish something wonderful. One commentator summarized the book with two phrases: “I will punish” and “I will restore.” What do you do when the world falls apart? Jeremiah has the answers.
- 16 Jeremiah 50:1-20 Will the bad guys get what’s coming to them? (Jeremiah 50:1-20) by Krisan Marotta on April 12, 2017.
- Psalm 19 Divine Revelation (Psalm 19:1-14) by Libby Taggart on March 29, 2017.
- 15 Jeremiah 38:1-13 Why do I get punished for doing the right thing? (Jeremiah 38:1-13) by Krisan Marotta on March 22, 2017.
- Psalm 130 Hope in the Lord (Psalm 130:1-8) by Libby Taggart on March 15, 2017.
- 14 Jeremiah 36:1-32 What’s so special about the Bible? (Jeremiah 36:1-32) by Krisan Marotta on March 1, 2017.