Tired of the same old icebreakers? Are you using the same 3 interesting facts about yourself at every group and gathering? Here are 45 sample icebreakers to kick start your thinking.
1. What is your favorite thing to do in town?
2. What’s your favorite restaurant in the area?
3. If you had 10 days off and $10,000, where would you go and what would you do?
4. Tell us a favorite childhood memory.
5. Tell us about your best friend.
6. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
7. What was your mom’s best meal when you were a kid?
8. What would people be most surprised to find out about you?
9. How would you describe the perfect life?
10. What was your favorite music group as a teenager? Do you still listen to them now?
11. What is your perfect vacation? Have you had it?
12. What was your biggest flop in the kitchen?
13. How many pairs of shoes do you own? Is it enough?
14. Did you earn any trophies in high school? What were they for?
15. How many times have you moved in your life?
16. Which meal do you like best: breakfast, lunch or dinner? Why?
17. What do you like to read best (e.g. books, magazines, newspapers)? What’s your favorite?
18. How many siblings do you have? Where are they now?
19. What brought you to here today?
20. What is your favorite outfit? Why?
21. What is your favorite way to spend a weekend?
22. Did you go to college? What did you study? Are you doing that now?
23. What are your hobbies and interests?
24. What do you think God looks like? Why?
25. Did you plan your wedding as a child? What was it like?
26. Finish this sentence: “At the end of the year, I hope I will be better at….”
27. What is your primary role in life (e.g. spouse, parent, child, friend, employee)? Is the role easy for you or do you have to work at it? What are you doing to “work at it”?
28. Have you had any spiritual dry spells? What did you learn from them?
29. Would you characterize your spiritual growth as a cluster of sprints, a steady marathon or a dead stop?
30. Finish this sentence: “Lord thank you that I am strong in….”
31. If you lived in a commune and had to choose one job assignment for the year, what would it be? (e.g. cook, gardener, child care, bookkeeper, social director)?
32. What do you appreciate most in the created world?
33. Why were you given your particular name?
34. What is your favorite food? Candy bar? Cookie?
35. What is your favorite kind of music? What is your favorite song?
36. What place would you like to visit?
37. Do you like to sing? Do you like to dance? What musical instruments can you play?
38. What are three adjectives which describe you?
39. What do you want to be doing in 5 years? 10 years?
40. What were\are your favorite subjects in school?
41. When you have an hour of free time, what do you like to do?
42. What is your favorite movie?
43. What is the strangest thing you ever did?
44. What is the strangest food you ever ate?
45. Tell us 2 things that are true about you and 1 “lie”. (Others guess which is the lie.)
46. In high school, you would have found me…..
Do you have a great icebreaker to add to the list? Please email me. (I’ve turned off comments due to the ridiculous amount of spam they attracted.)