I blog frequently on tips and tools for improving your Bible study skills, but what about discernment when listening to others?
- False teachers are man pleasers. What they teach is meant to please the ear more than profit the heart.
- False teachers save their harshest criticism for God’s most faithful servants.
- False teachers teach their own wisdom and vision.
- False teachers miss what is of central importance and focus instead on the small details.
- False teachers obscure their false doctrine behind eloquent speech and what appears to be impressive logic.
- False teachers are more concerned with winning others to their opinions than in helping and bettering them.
- False teachers exploit their followers.
Visit his blog post for a more detailed description.