Who are You God? Isn’t that an amazing question? We will wrestle with that question in this series on the attributes of God. We live in a culture today where God is being reimagined before our very eyes. We are encouraged to let our god be whomever we need Him to be. How often have you heard someone say, “my ‘god’ would never do anything like….?”
In order to know the true God, He must reveal Himself to us. AW Tozer writes: “Among the sins to which the human heart is prone, hardly any other is more hateful to God than idolatry…the idolatrous heart assumes God is other than He is. … a god begotten in the shadows of a fallen heart will quite naturally be no true likeness of the true God.”
|January 9||Introduction||Terri Weiser|
|January 16||Holiness||Jane Bopp|
|January 23||Majesty & Kingship||Libby Taggart|
|January 30||Sovereignty||Terri Weiser|
|February 6||Truth||Libby Taggart|
|February 13||Wisdom||Jane Bopp|
|February 20||Justice||Terri Weiser|
|February 27||Wrath||Terri Weiser|
|March 13||Goodness||Terri Weiser|
|March 20||Jealousy||Jane Bopp|
|March 27||Patience||Libby Taggart|
|April 10||Grace & Mercy||Libby Taggart|
|April 17||Love & Faithfulness||Jane Bopp|
Optional Recommended Reading (pick your favorite):
- Knowing God by JI Packer – In 2006, this book was voted one of the top 50 books that have shaped evangelicals. It’s the 20th anniversary of the 20th anniversary edition!
- Knowing God Study Guide by JI Packer – contains 22 studies; one for each chapter.
- The Attributes of God by Arthur Pink – an inspiring classic on the nature of God
- The Attributes of God Audio Series by RC Sproul – In this series, R.C. Sproul says that our ideas about God are often too vague or just plain wrong.
- The Holiness of God by RC Sproul – this book will change your life! Available in paperback, audio CD or kindle.