Is one of your New Year’s resolutions to read through the Bible but you don’t know how to get started? Over at the Ligonier Ministries Blog, they complied a lengthy list of different ways, charts and plans to read through the Bible.
Here’s a small sample of plans you can choose:
- 52 Week Bible Reading Plan: Read through the Bible in a year, with each day of the week dedicated to a different genre: Epistles, The Law, History, Psalms, Poetry, Prophecy, and Gospels.
- 5x5x5 Bible Reading Plan: Read through the New Testament in a year, reading Monday to Friday. Weekends are set aside for reflection and other reading.
- A Bible Reading Chart: Read through the Bible at your own pace.
- Chronological Bible Reading Plan: Read through the Bible in the order the events occurred chronologically.
- The Discipleship Journal Bible Reading Plan: Four daily readings beginning in Genesis, Psalms, Matthew and Acts.
- ESV Daily Bible Reading Plan: Four daily readings taken from four lists: Psalms and Wisdom Literature, Pentateuch and History of Israel, Chronicles and Prophets, and Gospels and Epistles.
- Every Word in the Bible: Read through the Bible one chapter at a time. Readings alternate between the Old and New Testaments.
- Historical Bible Reading Plan: The Old Testament readings are similar to Israel’s Hebrew Bible, and the New Testament readings are an attempt to follow the order in which the books were authored.
Visit Ligonier Ministries blog for a complete list and while you’re there check out their many other bible study resources.