How does justification relate to atonement? What’s the difference between expiation and propitiation? Find out in this talk.
In the section of Galatians – which runs from Galatians 3:1 to 4:31, the apostle Paul gives five persuasive arguments for justification by faith alone.
- Galatians 3:2-5 – Paul argues based on the Christian’s experience
- Galatians 3:6-14 – Paul argues from the Scripture
- Galatians 3:15-22 – Paul appeals to common sense; Galatians 3:23-4:11 is a parenthesis answering a question about the purpose of the Law
- Galatians 4:12-20 – Paul appeals to his relationship with his readers
- Galatians 4:21-31 – Paul sums up with an argument based on themes that run through the Bible
This talk covers his first two arguments which contrast “the works of the Law” and “hearing with faith”.
For more detail and explanation, please listen to the podcast.