Here’s a good idea. A conference I attended gave each participant a “Conference Survival kit”. It was a small ziploc bag that contained the following items and attached card with this explanation:
- Heart Sticker – “Real success is finding your lifework in the work that you love.” – David McCullough Ecc 3:13 also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil–this is God’s gift to man.
- Smarties – “Success is more attitude than aptitude.” – unknown Php 2:14 Do all things without grumbling or questioning,
- Starlight Mint – “To accomplish great things, we must dream as well as act.” – Anatole France Php 2:15 that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world
- Double Bubble Gum – “If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.” – Thomas J. Watson Php 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
- Eraser – Every masterpiece needs editing. Joh 15:2 Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
- Band Aid – God heals all disappointments and broken hearts. Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; 2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn;
- Hershey Hug – Everyone needs an embrace now and then. Ecc 3:5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
- Tooth pick – “Success … it’s what you do with what you’ve got. ” – Leroy Van Dyke Pick out your good qualities and don’t compare yourself to others. 2Co 10:12 Not that we dare to classify or compare ourselves with some of those who are commending themselves. But when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding.
- Rubber band – Be flexible when things don’t go your way. Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
- Wooden Cross Prayer Reminder – P.U.S.H. – Pray Until Something Happens 1Th 5:17 pray without ceasing,
- Laffy Taffy – “The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” – E.E. Cummings Pro 17:22 A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
- Tea Bag – Relax. Php 4:6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Also, in the conference packets was a pink sheet titled:
WE WANT TO GET TO KNOW YOU
My main reason for coming is:
What personal “anecdote” would you want to share with this conference — in hopes of winning a prize? (Interesting fact about you, inspiring or funny story about yourself, unusual occupation, hobby or experience. etc.”
The attenders were encouraged to turn the pink sheets in the first day. During the conference the MC selected the most interesting/unusual entries, called them up did a short interview with them and explained their anecdote and they won a door prize.