If every day is part of God’s plan for you, how do you live it out? That’s the question we explore in this series. Rather than how to find your calling, this series examines how to live your calling well by looking at how the prophet Elisha lived his calling.
When God calls: 5 ways to run your race well
- Follow God’s call with humble faith and obedience (1 Kings 19:19-21).
- Trust God to equip you for whatever call He gives you (2 Kings 2).
- Seek greatness by doing only that which He calls you to — no more and no less (2 Kings 5).
- Aim for self-sacrificing love, not impact (2 Kings 5).
- When you’re afraid, remember nothing is too big or too small for God (2 Kings 6).
2Kings 6:16 He said, “Do not be afraid, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”
Further Reading & Listening:
|Finding the Will of God:
A Pagan notion?
By Bruce Waltke
|Decision Making and
the Will of God
by Gary Friesen
|Life, Liberty &
The Pursuit of Godliness
David & Krisan Marotta
For more information: WednesdayintheWord.com
Many thanks to Reggie Coates of Heartfelt Music & Ministry for graciously providing instrumental guitar music for our podcasts!
Photo used here under Flickr Creative Commons.