How do we silence that inner voice that says whatever I am doing it’s not enough? To tackle that question, we’ll look at a series of contrasts between how the world measures greatness and how God measures greatness from the story of Elisha, Naaman and Gehazi in 2 Kings 5.
When God calls: 5 ways to run your race well
- Follow God’s call with humble faith and obedience (1 Kings 19:19-21).
- Trust God to equip you for whatever call He gives you (2 Kings 2).
- Seek greatness by doing only that which He calls you to — no more and no less (2 Kings 5).
- Aim for self-sacrificing love, not impact (2 Kings 5).
- When you’re afraid, remember nothing is too big or too small for God (2 Kings 6).
2Kings 6:16 He said, “Do not be afraid, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”
Further Reading & Listening:
|Finding the Will of God:
A Pagan notion?
By Bruce Waltke
|Decision Making and
the Will of God
by Gary Friesen
|Life, Liberty &
The Pursuit of Godliness
David & Krisan Marotta
For more information: WednesdayintheWord.com
Many thanks to Reggie Coates of Heartfelt Music & Ministry for graciously providing instrumental guitar music for our podcasts!
Photo used here under Flickr Creative Commons.