The scoop on childcare
- Childcare opens at 9:00 a.m. Please walk all the way to the back of the church and check in.
- We try to pick our kids up promptly at 11:20, so that our wonderful childcare workers can leave on time. Please feel free to bring your children back to the Main Room for further fellowship.
- Only non-crawling infants are welcome to join their moms in Bible study.
- Please send your child with an easy snack and a spill-proof cup.
- Please send your child in disposable diapers only, with wipes, extra diapers, a changing pad, and an extra change of clothing if necessary.
- Label all of these items — including the diaper bag — with your child’s name.
- Portico Church has a strict NO NUT policy. Please follow this.
- NEW Homeschool classroom: There will be worship, lesson, and craft (if child desires). But most importantly there will be about an hour set aside for any of their own work!
- One more thing, please call/text/email Carrie if you know you are going to miss (out of town/sick kiddos), it helps with childcare!
Sick Child Policy
In order to provide a safe, healthy environment for all our children, we ask that you keep your child home any time he or she exhibits any of the following symptoms:
- Fever within the previous 24 hours
- Vomiting and/or explosive/watery diarrhea within the previous 48 hours (72 preferred)
- Any symptoms of childhood diseases (scarlet fever, measles, mumps, chicken pox, whooping cough, etc.)
- Runny nose with colored discharge
- Excessive, productive coughing
- Sore throat
- Any unexplained rash
- Pink eye
- Head lice (child should be free of all nits)
If your child is being treated with an antibiotic, he or she should have received treatment for at least 24 hours before coming back.
We look forward to having you and your children join us on Wednesday mornings!