“Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.” – Revelation 22:12
Are there rewards in heaven?
Some claim that Scripture teaches believers will receive various crowns in heaven based on their works in this life. These two podcasts look at two key themes Scripture teaches, and two main mistakes we can make in studying these passages:
- 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 – Building on the foundation
- 1 Corinthians 9:23-27 – The runner’s crown
- James 1:12 – The crown of life
- 2 Timothy 4:7-8 – The crown of righteousness
- Matthew 25 – The Parable of the sheep and the goats; the Parable of the Talents
- Revelation 20:11-15 and 22:11-15 – The Great Judgment
- Luke 19 – The Parable of the Minas
Teacher: Krisan Marotta on July 10, 2019. 1Corinthians 3:10-17 is frequently cited as one of the places that Scripture teaches believers will receive various rewards or crowns in heaven. The context indicates otherwise. Paul is issuing a warning to leaders in the church.
Teacher: Krisan Marotta on July 17, 2019. This podcast answers the question: “In what sense will believers be judged according to their works?”
On twitter: #witw #biblestudy #rewardsinheaven
I offer my bible studies, podcasts and resources free of charge under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 Unported License. I do not seek or accept advertising, affiliations or donations. But it does encourage me to hear from you about how you used these studies and/or what you learned.
How to use these studies:
- Over the course of a week, work through the study questions for the lesson.
- After doing your own study, listen to the audio teaching for that lesson — either on your own or with a small group.
- Discuss what you have learned with a small group or friend.