Have you decided to read through the Bible as one of your New Year’s Resolutions? Need a plan to help you keep that resolution?
The Ligonier Ministries Blog complied a great list of different charts and plans to read through the Bible in a year. Here’s a sample of plans in their collection. Most are PDF downloads:
- 52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- 5x5x5 Bible Reading Plan
- A Bible Reading Chart
- Chronological Bible Reading Plan
- The Discipleship Journal Bible Reading Plan
- ESV Daily Bible Reading Plan
- Every Word in the Bible
- Historical Bible Reading Plan
You can also find online Bible Reading Plans which allow you to choose your version and track your progress.
And for the flip side, reach Matt Smethurt’s post at The Gospel Coalition How Not to Read Your Bible. His advice:
- Don’t overextend.
- Don’t do it alone.
- Don’t just do it whenever.
- Don’t live as if Paul lied.
- Don’t turn a means of grace into a means of merit.
Happy New Year!