1Corinthians starts May 1 on the podcast — and I can’t wait! 1Corinthians is one of Paul’s most important letters. In this NEW series, we’ll tackle both the interpretative questions and the issues Paul covers, including: divisions in the church, the place of wisdom, rewards in heaven, church discipline, sexuality in marriage, women’s head coverings, the Lord’s supper, spiritual gifts, and more.
- 09 1 John 4:7-19 Perfect Love The apostle John explains why self-sacrificing love is a mark of a believer. In a nutshell, self-sacrificing love (as exemplified by the cross) is part of God’s holy character and God is in the process of giving us His character.
- 10 1 John 4:20-5:12 These 3 Testify: Water,Blood & Spirit John tells us genuine believers will confess that Jesus is the Christ — the Jesus who was confirmed by three witnesses: “water”, “blood” and “the Spirit.”
- 11 1 John 5:13-21 Confidence in the Gospel John’s conclusion is you can have confidence about three things: 1) that you have eternal LIFE, 2) that your sin cannot jeopardize that LIFE and 3) that his gospel message is true.
- Acts 18 records Paul’s first visit to Corinth. Understanding Paul’s relationship to the Corinthian church is crucial to understanding his letters to Corinth.
Resources (new or updated)
Study questions, maps, charts, key words, history, background, outlines, and links to help you study
- NEW: City of Corinth In Paul’s time Corinth was the 2nd most important city in the Roman empire. Corinth was an exceptionally wealthy and important city in Greece. And I found a great map!
- NEW: How many letters did Paul write to the Corinthians? The answer is not as easy as it sounds. We have two letters to the church at Corinth in our Bible, but both of these letters mention another letter. The chronology of Paul’s correspondence and visits to Corinth might look something like this.
- NEW: Jude Bible Study Resources Study questions, maps, charts, key words, history, background, outlines, and links to help you study the epistle of Jude.
If you’ve been blessed by the WitW podcast, I have 3 favors to ask. Please:
- subscribe to the podcast,
- leave a positive review on your favorite podcast platform,
- and tell a friend.
If you can only do one, telling a friend is best. Thanks for listening!