While I recommend you learn how to do your own word studies, here are some shortcuts you can take to save time, to get past “study block” or compare your ideas with someone else’s.
- Type your verse into the box on the top of the home page and the Bible version you are using.
- Click the search button.
- Click on the Tools button
- Select Dictionaries
From the main menu,
- select Study Tools,
- select either Greek Word Studies or Hebrew Word Studies
- Locate your English word in the list
- Click on the transliteration at the end of the line.
There will be a selection of reference works given for the verse you have chosen. Scroll down to Vine’s Expository Dictionary. Click on the word you want to study.
Finding the Strong’s number
Some tools are keyed to the Strong’s number. You can find the Strong’s number through most Bible study software or a concordance.
- In E-Sword the translations noted with a plus (e.g. NASB+) include Strong’s numbering system in the text.
- On biblehub.com, type the verse into the Bible search bar. When you have your verse, under “Study Bible”, mouse over your word, the number in the pop-up is Strong’s.
- On blueletterbible.org, locate your verse with the search bar, then click on Tools, Interliner.