In the Servant Songs, we saw that a Servant would come who would bear our iniquities and inaugurate a new age through his death and resurrection. Now Isaiah invites all to a banquet feast to celebrate and share in the reign of the Messianic King.
Motivation to Come to the Feast (55: 1-2)
- The banquet is glorious!
- The banquet is available!
- The banquet is high quality!
- The banquet is free!
- Other “banquets” are empty in comparison.
- The passion of the Host bids you to come.
- The way to enter the feast is to listen and believe.
Results of this Feast (55:3-5)
- Partake of the “feast”, you will have eternal life with the Messiah.
- The “feast” is the Messianic King, the Servant.
- His kingdom will not be established by the sword, just call and they will come.
- Compare with 2 Samuel 7:12-16, John 6:35-40, and John 7:37-38.