Learning some basic information when new small groups start can save misunderstanding later. Asking participants to answer a few basic questions the first day can help leaders structure the time to better meet the needs of a group. Here’s an example “Small Group Welcome” survey.
Welcome to Small Group!
Please answer the following questions as you feel comfortable. This is just a tool to help us get to know you better and to help structure our small group time.
- Why did you come to bible study this year?
- If you are returning to our small group, do you have any suggestions for improvements or things that you like a lot?
- Have you been in a small group before? If so, what did you like or dislike about it?
- Do you feel comfortable praying out loud in a small group setting?
- What is the best way to contact you?
- Do you prefer coffee or tea?
- During small group time, would you prefer more fellowship, more Bible study discussion, more prayer or a balance?
- Do you attend a church? If so, which one?
- Are you a believer? If so, how long?
- If you know what your are, please share your spiritual gifts.
- Would you like to meet with your small group leaders(s) 1-1 outside of Bible study time?
- Is there anything you’d like us to know about you?
Please email me and let me know how this worked for you or ways you changed and improved it.
More resources for Ministry Leaders
Photo by Karolina Szczur on Unsplash