Learning some basic information when new small groups start can save misunderstanding later. Asking participants to answer a few basic questions the first day can help leaders structure the time to better meet the needs of a group. Here’s an example “Small Group Welcome” survey.
Welcome to Small Group!
Please answer the following questions as you feel comfortable. This is just a tool to help us get to know you better and to help structure our small group time.
- Why did you come to bible study this year?
- If you are returning to our small group, do you have any suggestions for improvements or things that you like a lot?
- Have you been in a small group before? If so, what did you like or dislike about it?
- Do you feel comfortable praying out loud in a small group setting?
- What is the best way to contact you?
- Do you prefer coffee or tea?
- During small group time, would you prefer more fellowship, more Bible study discussion, more prayer or a balance?
- Do you attend a church? If so, which one?
- Are you a believer? If so, how long?
- If you know what your are, please share your spiritual gifts.
- Would you like to meet with your small group leaders(s) 1-1 outside of Bible study time?
- Is there anything you’d like us to know about you?
Please email me and let me know how this worked for you or ways you changed and improved it.