We are finally starting the Sermon on the Mount! The Sermon on the Mount is a profound and unique body of teaching from the Messiah himself, yet throughout church history, we’ve had a difficult time agreeing on exactly what it means and how to apply it. We’ll get into that debate.
In May, we’ll start the beatitudes. Did you know Jesus wasn’t the first to use a beatitude? We’ll analyze the pattern and spend time in the Old Testament to understand the background Jesus was drawing on.
Teaching through the Sermon on the Mount has long been on my “bucket” list of things to teach. I’m anxious to share with you. Thanks for listening!
April 2021 Podcasts
At his baptism, God confirms that Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah, who will rule on David’s throne forever. We also see what kind of king Jesus is: humble and willing to serve.
Satan wants to disqualify Jesus as the Messiah while God wants to demonstrate that Jesus is worthy to be the Messiah. We’ll look how how Jesus responds when he’s tempted to believe God is no longer taking care of him.
Satan offers Jesus a shortcut to gaining the blessings God has promised him. But Jesus knows idolatry is looking to someone or something other than God to grant us Life.
Bible Study Resources
- Word Study: test peirazo
- Word Study: blessed makarios
- Word Study: gentle praus
- Word Study: Righteous, dikaios
- Word Study: Righteousness, dikaiosune
- Geography of the New Testament
- How to use e-sword as a concordance
- How to do a Word Study
- Criteria for evaluating a ministry
- 7 Things to remember when you invite an event speaker
- Basic Retreat Planning
- Women’s Ministry Survey Example
Need help listening to the podcast?
- How to get started listening to podcasts
- The Best Podcast Apps for Android in 2020 – Review Geek
- How to Listen to Podcasts on iphone, ipad or Android
- How to Subscribe to Podcasts on Spotify
- How to create a podcast playlist in iOS
- How to listen to Podcasts on Your Amazon Echo
- How to Listen to Podcasts on your Mac
- How to listen to podcasts on Kindle or Kindle Fire
- How to free up space used by the podcasts app on your iphone
- Spotify: Gospel of Matthew Playlist
- Listen Notes: Gospel of Matthew Podcast Playlist
Listeners have told me that their podcast feed is often limited to the last 20-30 episodes. You can find all previous podcasts on WednesdayintheWord.com and you can make your own “app” to locate them quickly.
Please tell your friends about the podcast — but more importantly encourage them with something you learned.